Saturday, July 2, 2016

Wet n Wild; Wild Summer Collection 2016

This collection is limited edition to summer of 2016. There is highlighters, nail polish, and liquid lipstick. I ended picking up all of the cream highlighters and one liquid lipstick. There is also a powder highlighter that I was on the hunt for but could never find! I ended really liking the cream highlighters so it's okay! Originally the highlighters were $4 but I got them for half price at Walgreens.  The liquid lipstick was $3 which I also got for half price. 



Shades left to right: "Marigold Round", "Light Up My High-Biscus", "Carnational Anthem"

Right now I am loving the the pink shade. These highlighters are so creamy and pigmented. I was very impressed! Wet n Wild has definitely stepped up their game. My favorite way to wear these highlighters is under the foundation to give a glowing from within look. There is definitely a shade that would work for every skin tone. If you have darker skin the deeper shades will work as a perfect highlight. And if you have a lighter skin tone the darker shades work as a glowy blush. The highlighters also work great as a cream eyeshadow. I also like wearing this as a lip color. It's not super long wearing but it gives a fun summer look, specifically the orange shade the orange shade!

In the video, I talk about using prodcuts as a pop of brightness. I find that this product can be used for all 3 of the techniques I talk about in the video!


The metallic liquid lipstick was definitely an impulse buy. It is in the shade "Indigo Your Own Way". I pretty much picked up this shade because I was curious to see how I would look in it, plus metallic lipstick is really in style this summer and I'm liking that trend a lot (if it's done correctly)! This one however wasn't overly metallic, it didn't have any glitter in it which I was fine with. I was just expecting it to be more. WARNING: This liquid lipstick does not dry matte and I was definitely expecting it to. It can slip out of your lip line and it transfers really easily. But the two things I really like about this product are the applicatior and the shade was  suprisingly flattering. The applicatior has a really nice wand that has a dent in it that hugs the lips for easy application. I honestly wish more liquid lipsticks had this wand. 

If you see either the cream or powder highlights definitely pick them up! If there is a liquid lipstick that catches your eye I would get it to try but other than that with the lipstick you're not missing much. 
Overall Wet n' Wild has definitely impressed me from their brushes to their finishing spray. Plus the prices are always unbeatable! I'm planning on doing more post I would recommend from Wet n' Wild because they might be becoming my favorite drug store brand believe it or not. 

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment