Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Top 5 Favorite Dugstore Nude Lipsticks





These are my top 5 favorite nude lipsticks picks from the drugstore! They range in shades and finishes. I will be talking in-depth about each below! I'm going to be going from the lightest to darkest.



This color I find that I can't wear it alone on my skin-tone. This is a light beige color. I find can wash my face out if I wear it alone. But the reason I'm mentioning in a favorites is because I like to use this shade to lighten the center of my lips. To either lighten up a darker lipstick or to make them look more full. Either layered over a darker lip-liner or lipstick. I talk about this technique in my most recent YouTube video. You can use this technique with a shimmery shade or any lighter shade. You can watch it here:



Anyways the formula of these NYX LipSmacking Lipsticks are nice. Not my absolute favorite but worth the money. They have a lot of pigment and this particular shade has a glossy look to it.
 p.s. I found a shade since taking these pictures that I would recommended over this lipstick if you are looking for a shade that can be worn alone. It is Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick 'Nude Love'. This shade has more peach in it than the NYX one and more a sheer formula. But I find this shade very wearable. And it is only $3! Can't beat that! 





This lipstick is a pretty dang light shade. It very similar to the NYX one above. But I find that I can wear this one all on its own if I want. It also is a light beige color but it has a tiny bit more pink and is ever so darker. These two things make it slightly more wearable. This is such a comfortable lip color it feels like I am wearing a lip balm. And it has a nice shiny finish. 


The fist two I talked about were light warm shades. This lipstick has a very cool under tone to it. It's a taupe color; it does have a slight gray look to it. Which is surprisingly flattering! This shade is an uncommon shade and but still wearable. It's a really fun color, I like it.  These lipstick are also so great, the pigmentation is outstanding! It has a satin finish.


This is a fairly old picture of me wearing this lipstick, if you were curious what this shade looks like on. 

All of the lipsticks I have talked about have had a satin or shiny finish. So the last two I'm going to be talking about are Matte but both super comfortable. These Maybelline lipsticks are sooo good, I have a post about them here:
I would highly recommend the Maybelline lipsticks!! I love this shade, it is such a wearable color, it has a lot of warmth to it. So it doesn't wash me out because it has some color to it. It is just a very flattering shade and I love the formula. 


*Warning the following is more a rant than about this actual lipstick* This is the only liquid lipstick that I am talking about today. And that is because I don't love a lot of liquid lipsticks from the drugstore, I prefer classic lipsticks from the drugstore. I feel like the drugstore could use some more improvement in the liquid lipstick department. A lot of times even when they come out with matte liquid lipsticks they don't even dry matte. Which isn't a bad thing, just don't label it as matte if it's not matte. (Side note: I bought some liquid lipstick from Walgreens that I am LOVING, blog post coming soon!) Personally no matter drugstore, highend, or in between I would probably still pick a typical lipstick. 
Anyways. I love this lipstick formula. It drys matte, is super duper comfortable on the lips, pigmented and lasts along time. What a perfect liquid lipstick should be! Also this shade has quite a bit of color to it. So is not a super nude color but its still on the neutral light side so I wanted to include it in this list. It has a warm tone and slightly mauve. This shade is ultra flattering and I would highly recommend if straight up nudes intimidate you, to give this a go! I love shades like this for day to day wear. And I am personally drawn to shade like this. I love it!


I feel that nude lipsticks are not a one size fits all type item. Shades can look different on different lips. Some shades flatter skin tones better than others. I do find a lot of this can be trial and error, I just wanted to share that shades that work for me and I love. If you have any questions or want some other recommendations leave them below. Or you could ask me on Instagram:seizethelook.by.c 
I would recommend checking me out on there if you haven't already! Have a great day! 
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment