Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Sparkle: Review on Stila Magnificent Metal Foil Eye Shadow

Happy New Years! Today I'm reviewing Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow. 
I bought this in a Sephora Favorites Set. The one shown here is a deluxe sample size and is in the shade: Dust Rose. This product is a high shine and pigmented eyeshadow that gives a metallic finish. 

The swatch on the left is dry and the one on the right is wet. You can use various liquids on this eyeshadow. Stila makes their own mixing liquid. But you can also use Mac Fix Plus, a setting spray, or even eye drops to wet this product. I would definitely use this product wet; it's much more manageable. When it's dry, the eyeshadow is flakey and chunky- it just doesn't spread evenly. When wet it goes on smoothly and still leaves the foiled look. You will get fall out with this product and it wears okay throughout the day. 
This product is a whopping $32. It does come with the mixing liquid. Which is nice because a liquid is essential to this product in my eyes. I would say that this product is nice for someone who likes their eyeshadow to pack some punch. If thats what you are looking I would highly recommend. I personally haven't found anything else quite like this and I do really love this product. This product isn't super wearable and I would guess for a lot of people isn't worth the price for the pop of  shine.  Personally I bought it in a Sephora Favorites Kit along with some other products so the price was much more reasonable. If you can find it in a Sephora favorites kit something like it I would pick it up. It was fun to try and I have used it on special occasions. For me it's not something I would use on a daily basis by any means. I do think however that it makes a great New Years Eve look.  Happy New Year everybody! 
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment