Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Colour Pop Haul

I recently bought some items from Colour Pop and gave them to Abbi as a late birthday gift. It's great have a fellow makeup lover as a best friend because she gets me and my obsession. Also she understands the swatch life. And new makeup means swatches and review!


The Ulta Satin Lips are $6, the eye shadows are $5, and the highlighter costs $8. These products are very affordable and can only be purchased from https://colourpop.com/ and you can get a $5 dollar off coupon with your first purchase. 


The larger of the shadows is a face highlight in the shade 'Monster.' The 3 other shadows are all metallic super shock eye shadows. The neutrally gold shade is 'Fringe.' The blue shadow is called 'Sugar' and the peach shade is 'Tea Party.' If you are not familiar with their shadow, then you would not know that they have a very interesting texture. It is difficult to describe because its unique, I have never found another makeup product with the same formula. They have a squishy soft formula, I would describe them as a mix between a powder and cream eye shadow. They can be worn alone or as a base worn under other powder eye shadow. These are best applied with your finger tips or with a synthetic brush, aka: a brush not made with animal hair, which all of my brushes are synthetic so that's easy for me. 


I do really enjoy the texture and the formula. However I do feel that some of these shades are more pigmented than others. The peachy shade, 'Tea Party' was my least favorite, I felt that it took a lot to build up the pigment. These shadows do layer nicely but with the 'Tea Party,' it was hard to get it true to color. I really enjoyed both of the other shades. My favorite of these 3 is the blue shade 'Sugar.' It is a fun summery pop of color! 


The pink shade on the left is a face highlight. And when I first swatched it I thought it would only work as an eye shadow because it has so much pink to it. But on the face it has a nice iridescence to it so it gave a nice highlighted effect. It was surprisingly wearable. I also think it is best applied with a brush. I used the elf blush brush and really enjoyed the effect.


The lip products are the Ulta Satin Lip. The orange red is in the shade 'Cozy' and the mauve shade is in the shade 'Dopey.'  These are not your typical liquid lipstick because they do not dry matte, hence the 'Satin' in the title. They are extremely comfortable and do not dry out the lips at all. On the flip side they are not transfer proof but I think its worth it for such a comfortable lip color. These might be one of my favorite lip products I have ever used for they are so pigmented and last a long time.


All in all I am loving these ColourPop items and think they are definitely worth the money. Even if they were higher priced I would still think they are worth the money. They also have a huge selection of lip products, eye shadows, cheek colors, etc. so a browse through their website is always a good time. Just maybe not for your wallet. 10/10 would recommend. 
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment