Saturday, March 18, 2017

wet n wild Mega-Cushion Review




I have been wanting to try out these new wet n wild products ever since I saw they were coming out. I think the packaging is so cute and trendy! I refrained from buying everything cushion and only bought the ones I know I would use. There was a highlight and contour cushions. I only bought the highlight because I felt like the contour wasn't a great contour shade for me, too warm. There are 4 color correctors in this collection; yellow, green, lavender, and peach. For me, peach is the only color corrector that I actually find useful. (My holy grail is the Pixi Brightening Peach and it is a miracle worker for under-eye darkness.) 
Also, these products are $6 each. Which isn't expensive per se but for wet n wild that's pretty up there in price!!  
I ended up picking up the MegaCushion Color Corrector 'Peach' and the MegaCushion Highlight
One of these products I am really liking and one was a total dud! 
Okay, drum roll... I like the highlight and really don't like the color corrector.
I talk about the dud first, the color corrector didn't work at all! It was wayy too sheer and didn't have enough pigment to cancel out any darkness. It doesn't even come out a peach color once swatched or applied. It just came off very light on me but still wasn't brightening. It honestly just did nothing. And I've tried layering under foundation, over foundation, under concealer, and I've just given up on using this. I even tried this on my friend who has much lighter skin than me, cus I thought maybe my skin tone was too dark for this product, but it didn't work for her either. Basically, I don't like this and wouldn't recommend. 
Let's talk about something that I did like. Okay, so the highlight has been fun to play with. I tried applying it with; my fingers, the sponge it comes with, a beauty blender, a stippling brush, and other brushes. The applicator it came with didn't work and didn't apply it evenly. I like the stippling brush but my favorite was a beauty blender. This highlighter gives a very strobbed highlight look. It has no glitter, so it gives a natural but still an intense bright look. My favorite way to wear this is on "no-makeup makeup days" I will do every natural face and apply this highlight for a strobe makeup look, and I really love it. This product completely dries down and doesn't need set. But it does also layer really nicely under a powder highlight. I wish this product came in different shades, I really like the formula of this product. But depending on how tan I am this highlight can be too light for me.  So if you are any darker than me this product will for sure be too light for you. But if you have light/pale skin this product will be beautiful on you. I almost think it would work on even the lightest of skin tones because it has a pink undertone. All in all, I would recommend this depending on your skin color.
The last thing I want to add is just to say one more time how dang cute I think the packaging its!! lol
-C


No comments:

Post a Comment