Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Review Free Ulta Gift Spring 2016


Right now if you spend $19.50 on Ulta brand products you get this bag of Ulta brand products! Its an $88 value. Included in the bag is a $5 coupon that can be used toward Ulta brand products in the future. 



In bag there were 2 different lip products. One was a matte lip cream and the second was a typical lipstick. The matte lip cream came in a nice dark shade. I didn't enjoy this product very much. I feel like
I had to layer and layer the product up to get it to be pigmented. But the product didn't layer very well, it would bunch up and be patchy. I feel like this wouldn't be as noticeable with a lighter shade, but in this dark shade the formula just isn't great. The other lip product is a lipstick in the shade 'Mauve Me'. This product was alright, it didn't wow me. It has more of a sheer formula but it did layer nicely. So you can build up the color and it becomes a nice shade.



This is a blush and highlight duo. I was not a fan of this product. It lacked pigmentation and was super glittery. On the cheeks it just looked like I had straight glitter on my face. Also you can see in the bottom picture that it is super powdery and patchy. I would not recommend. It reminded a blush you get as a little girl from a Barbie kit at the dollar store. 



The packaging on this was so cute! It was a beautiful floral print. And the shade range looked nice for spring. But my impressions were similar to the blush. They are powdery, lack pigment, and are packed with glitter. But not enough to be a glittery shadow, just specks of it. When you wear these shades on the eye they don't hold their own. The shades just mesh together and it doesn't look like there are separate shades on the eyes. 


This product was my favorite from the bag. It's a green based primer. This product is going to help cancel redness. I feel like it does reduce the redness; the green blends in nicely and doesn't show through my foundation. I feel like it also helps my foundation go on more smoothly. I can't really say for sure if it helped prolong the wear of my foundation, but when I wore this my foundation wore nicely throughout the day. 


This was awful. I will not be using this again. It's such a hard formula and the product wouldn't transfer. Also it would crumple off in chunks and get everywhere. I hope that this a just a throw in product and that this isn't their standard eyeliner that you can buy. 


I liked the idea of this product, seemed convenient. But this wouldn't remove eye makeup. It would just rub it around but not pick it up. 



These brushes are very soft. They haven't shed too much on me either. I just don't like the cut of the bristles, I feel like they need a shorter edge to better apply product. They definitely do not hold onto the product. I think the ELF Studio line brushes are nicer. Those are only $3.


I like this color. Its the perfect spring color! I also like Ulta brand nail polish. It's not my top favorite formula but it is nice.



I liked this mascara at first. I thought it made my eyelashes look nice. But it didn't wear well throughout the day. It would flake and crumble off throughout. I would have black flakes all over my face. So I wouldn't recommend. 


This brow pencil has a similar formula to the eyeliner, with that hard formula. However I find this product more usable than the eyeliner. This eyeliner isn't great, a good brow pencil from the drugstore that I would recommend is Loreal brow Stylist Definer. 

I wish this review wasn't so negative, but honestly these product weren't very good. I'm sure that there are some products from the Ulta brand that are great. These just weren't them. I'm going to see if I can find some better products in the future. 

-C




No comments:

Post a Comment