Thursday, March 24, 2016

Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm as a Facial Primer




If you watch a lot of beauty YouTube videos chances are that you have heard about this product. Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm was discovered by NikkieTutorials to use it as a facial primer. You put this on before you do your makeup, let it soak in and then apply your makeup as normal. The reason this works well as a primer is because it has glycerin in it. This really helps the makeup adhere to the skin and last all day. This product is hyped about a lot on YouTube and I personally wanted to try it out and give my two cents. 
 Now I have been trying out this product for over about 2 months and I have really come to like it. Big disclaimer this is a men's product and it smells like one!  Once it is on my face I don't smell it but during application it is a strong male scent. I personally don't mind the scent and it really doesn't transfer the scent to my face. Just thought I would mention in case that is a deal breaker for someone. 
I have acne prone skin, I have been very open about this. I was a bit concerned that this product might irritate my skin but I never found that to be the case. It fact I would say it has rather a calming feel to the face. Okay, so the real question does it work well as a face primer? Does it help with the longevity of my makeup? Does it help the makeup apply more smooth? The answer to all of these question is undoubtedly, yes!  It really is amazing just how much longer my foundation and overall makeup seems to last when I use this product. Now, for reference this isn't going to be like a Benefit porefessorial type product. In other words this is not the type of primer that going to fill in pore. This is the type of primer that is going to help makeup goes on smoother and lasts longer.
That's not even the best part! This product is only $5.54 and you get 3.3 fl. oz! Typically you would get 1 fl. oz. in a primer that is from an actual makeup brand, and many full-sized primers don't even come with an oz. So this product is super super affordable, which I love! So overall I would highly recommend this product. I mean you really can't beat that price! 

-C


No comments:

Post a Comment