Monday, January 11, 2016

2 Drugstore Eyeshadow Palettes Worth the Money

Today I'll be reviewing the Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye Palette - Eye On Neutral 2 and Wet n Wild Color Icon Collection Eyeshadow Set in Comfort Zone. 
The Sonia Kashuk is an all matte palette that is $20. The Wet n Wild is an all shimmer palette and costs $5. There is a big price difference between these. The reason I am comparing them together is because they are both considered drugstore makeup. They also pair great together. 
Sonia Kashuk is on the Target cartwheel app from time to time, so you can get it discounted. This palette has a great balance of neutrals, as the name would suggest. You can create whole looks with this palette, they will obviously just be matte. The orange tone is an awesome transition shade. There are shades that I use to fill in my eyebrows and some that could even be used to contour the nose. Black can add depth to any look or be used as eyeliner. This is a very versatile palette.  
The shadows are very pigmented. I would describe these as more of a stiffer shadow. I like how these build and layer as well as the fact that they are extremely blendabIe. I like all of the shades in the pallete. 
This pallet has a great selection of shades. They are wearable but there still is color. All of the shades in this palette are shimmery.  I think you can create anything from easy daytime looks to dramatic night time looks with these shadows. I do however think it's necessary to bring in at a matte shade into any look using this palette because too much shimmer can be overwhelming. I think even just a matte bronzer through the crease helps bring balance. 
This picture shows the one swipe-swatches. The colors can be built up more than this picture shows. These are such soft and creamy eyeshadows, unlike the previous pallete. My least favorite shade is the black 'Crease' shade. I think it's doesn't blend very well and should be more pigmented. I do however like all of the rest of the shades in this palette. The blue/red brown 'definer' shade has a nice duo chrome affect. I think it is the most unique shade in the pallete. 
I love both of these palletes and think they are both worth their price. I found that these two palettes pair together very well and combining the two can create a great look for day or night. It works well to have matte and shimmer to balance out any look. There aren't a ton of great matte shades at the drugstore so the Sonia Kashuk pallet is worth the money to me. And as for The Wet n Wild one you really can't beat a $5 eyeshadow pallete with soft build able eyeshadows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment