Monday, April 18, 2016

Maybelline The Nudes Pallete Review; Original & Blushed



I really like the idea of affordable eye shadow palette. These are two palettes from Maybelline. The original The Nudes palette is $10. The Blushed Nudes palette is also $10 dollars. Maybelline also came out with The Rock Nudes palette, The Brights palettes, and The Smokes palette which are all also $10. I have not bought any of these palettes simply because I wasn't personally interested in the color selection in any of those palettes. The colors in both of these are super beautiful and versatile.  Also I really like the layout of these palettes. They are very beginner friendly it shows you how to break it down into duos, trios, and quads for easy application

Let's get down to whats most important, how the quality? Well as you can see in the swatches these aren't amazing or overly impressive. Some colors stand out more than others. The colors also can be built up and can be used over a primer for more impact. The shadows don't wear overly long either.
I think the pigment and overally quality is better in the palette. I prefer this palette over the original. I really like shadows with this pinky hue. The Urban Decay Naked 3, the pink one is my favorite naked palette. I really enjoy these shades.  I also think that palette wears better than the original.

Basically this is how I look at if if you are interested in the Naked 1 or 2, you want a neutral eye shadow palette or a pinky eye shadow palette. These aren't terrible, you can create looks that give you these looks. Would I reach for these over a naked palette or lorac pro palette? No! The difference in quality transfers to how well it looks on the eyes. But if you just want a simple wash of color in a certain color family, I think they are worth ten dollars. I would also like to add that I think there are also a lot of other drugstore eye shadow options that are better than this. That is just my opinion and review of these palettes! Everyone has their own preferences, I personally enjoy more pigment in my eyeshadow. Others might actually enjoy less for a more suble look. I hope you enjoyed!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment