Thursday, March 23, 2017

Golden Rose Stick Foundation Review ($6 on Amazon)






Stick foundations have been trending. And I like the idea of the convenience of this product. I been wanting to try a full coverage one. I heard about this product from amazon, so I placed an order. And it came here super quick within a couple of days.
The claims on their website are 
"It gives your face an excellent result. Creates natural appearance, good coverage, smooth and velvety skin."
an order. And it came here super week within a couple of days.
I will just go in order of the claims;
Yes, I would say it gives an excellent result (depending on how much you apply and what with.) 
No, it doesn't give off a particularly natural appearance. It can look heavy really easily.
Yes, it gives really great coverage.  
No, not overly smooth, velvety finish. I would say more of a matte velvety finish. 

This product I personally think is best applied with a sponge. It can look a little bit cakey when applied with a brush. I swipe the foundation directly on my face and then use a sponge to help sheer it out. This product has really great full coverage which I personally really like. I just have to remember less is more with this project otherwise it looks really heavy. It also blends out really nicely and layers on top of itself really well. Every time I wore this foundation I was impressed with how long it wore. It was very long-lasting but it did slightly break down in my nose area where my pores are more visible. But that wasn't a deal-breaker for me. This foundation once blended in is definitely a matte foundation but it isn't super drying. 

I ordered this in the shade '5' which is very pink. And from what I can see from their website most all of their shades are very pink light/fair toned foundations. There are 2 deeper shades that are also very cool-toned that look like they would make excellent contour colors for my skin tone. Personally, the shade I ordered was a bit too light and just way to pink for me and it just comes off ashy on me. It's a shade though that I can make work because I have more a neutral skin tone. But if you have a yellow undertone these foundations won't work for you. 

All in all, I really do like the way this foundation looks on my skin. And $6 for full coverage, yes, please!! I would say if you have a pink/cool undertone to your skin and think that you can find a good shade match, I would highly recommend.  

Thanks for reading my review, I hope you found it informative. If you have any questions/comments/requests/constructive criticism leave it in a comment down below or on my Instagram @seizethelook.by.c 

Have a wonderful full coverage day! 
-C 



No comments:

Post a Comment